Sycamore House runs on Volunteers and we would be honored if you would like to join our team and see where we can plug you in!
Here is a list of positions with a brief description:
- Handle phone calls
- Greet and check in clients
- Accept donations and provide donation sheet to donated items
- Greet clients and help them with items
- Handle the purchase sheet
- Restock store/clean and organize
- Check in Donated items
- Sort items and put in appropriate places
- Fill out Donation Sheet
- When Sycamore House has events going on throughout the year, Banquet, Open House, etc.
- Work the event whether to help plan, work, set-up teardown, etc.
*This role does entail training which involves an online class to get certified, looking for female & male mentors
- Encourage/counsel/pray with clients
- Go over homework/lesson with clients
- Be able to watch kids during video session
Prayer Warrior or Facilitator:
- Send prayer requests/praises to staff, volunteers, & donors
- Pray daily, write/send encouraging notes
- Pray with staff & volunteers how often feel led to & possibly lead a devotional/public scripture of reading at Sycamore House
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Help out with special events
- Help out with fundraising as needed
- Pray & guide/be an encourager to the Executive Director
Visionary/Advisory Board Member:
- Meet quarterly to be part of a visionary team for future goals of Sycamore House
- Meet with board twice a year to advise the board for future endeavors and to give advice from an outside perspective to improve the mission of Sycamore House.
**At times, there can be miscellaneous things to do to help out and each volunteer is encouraged to pray throughout their volunteer time.
Contact us today to schedule a visit or learn more about volunteering!
Email us at: email@example.com or call us at (937) 653-3154
1 thought on “Interested in Volunteering?”