Wondering whether you are pregnant?
One of the most common signs is missing a period, even before that some woman have experienced other signs especially when they have been trying to get pregnant and are aware of how their body might be reacting differently.
Pregnancy symptoms also vary in duration, intensity, and frequency. Many of the signs can be the same when having pre-menstrual signs as well.
Here is a common list:
- Missed period– Usually when this happens is when ladies will take a pregnancy test. Sometimes women don’t see the other signs your body is doing or are not aware and some women still have a period yet it is lighter than usual.
- Spotting or cramping– This can be one of the first signs of being pregnant, when there is a little vaginal bleeding, Known as implantation bleeding, it happens when the fertilized egg attaches to the lining of the uterus – about 10 to 14 days after fertilization
- Nausea with or without vomiting – Morning sickness can happen any time day or night and women can start feeling queasy 2 weeks after conception. Pregnant woman can also have heightened smell to certain odors which can cause the nausea. This is most common only in the first trimester
- Food aversion and cravings – Some woman will turn their nose to everyday foods or drinks such as coffee and will have strange cravings to foods they normally would not like, this happens mostly in the first trimester
- Fatigue- You feel tired more than usual and want to sleep more.
- Swollen sensitive breasts– This can be one of the first signs of being pregnant where your breasts might feel tingly, tender and sore or full and heavy.
- Faintness & dizziness – You feel lightheaded and have dizzy spells can be a sign
- Mood Swings– Mood swings are very common in the first trimester where you are very emotional
- Just “Feeling” Pregnant– Some woman have that intuition that they are pregnant and most of the time, they are right. With the list of these common signs, you might also be going to the bathroom more, you might have a dull ache or pain in your lower back can cause a sign.
Not everyone experiences these signs and some ladies don’t experience any of the signs. If you feel like you could be pregnant, you should definitely take a pregnancy test. The best time to take a test is if you missed your period and should wait a day or two to make sure you won’t start then take a test. If it’s negative, you could wait a few days and take it again; sometimes, waiting a few more days the pregnancy test will show positive. As soon as you learn that you are pregnant, go to your doctor to get confirmation and then you can start prenatal care.
If you want a free pregnancy test, we offer a free self-administered pregnancy test.
315 Sycamore St. Urbana OH 43078