You just heard your friend is pregnant. You are not sure what you can do to be there for her and to support her.
An unplanned pregnancy can be scary for your friend and is probably still in shock over it. She needs to know that she has friends to support her through the process.
What to do:
- Make sure she knows that you are there for her to support her
- Ask her how you can help her and listen to her
- If she still needs to tell her parents and the father, help her through by giving her encouraging words and suggest practicing with her on what she is going to say; respect her on how she tells them
- Help her find a place to guide her during her unplanned pregnancy; Sycamore House is a great avenue for her to get informed of her choices and receive the help she needs.
What not to do:
- Do not shame her, she may already feel shame or guilt.
- Don’t pressure her to make any certain choices
- Do not cut her out of your life; she could be feeling alone and needs a support system.
Have more questions?
We are here for her and can give her information and can be there for her every step of the way during her unplanned pregnancy and after.
Call us @937-653-3737 for an appointment and to answer any more questions.